Terms & Conditions
Last Updated 24/07/2017
Please be aware that the terms and condition of this website are overruled by that of the circuit owners own Terms and Condition depending on what circuit track time is purchased for. For reference here are the main Terms and Conditions at the time of publication along with links to current Terms and Conditions of the respective owners.
We will only add the Terms and Conditions that apply to our track days.
Goodwood - Link
Goodwood Circuit only have effectivley the sales of goods act and nothing refering to track Terms and Conditions. Please use the Castle Coombe Terms and Conditons as a Guide.
Castle Coombe Circuit - Link
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION TO THE CIRCUIT
- Castle Combe Circuit reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Visitors must observe the 15mph speed limit in force throughout the public areas of the circuit.
- The viewing banks and other spectator areas can become slippery when wet.
- No riding of scooters, mini bikes or quad bikes in public areas.
- With the exception of service dogs, no animals admitted on days when the race circuit is in use.
- Entry into Castle Combe Circuit is at your own risk and whilst we take every reasonable precaution to ensure that you enjoy a safe visit, care should be taken at all times.
- Vehicles and their contents are left at Castle Combe Circuit entirely at the owner’s risk.
- All persons – including drivers and passengers – partaking in any circuit driving experience be it in a car or on a motorcycle will be required to sign an indemnity form and attend our Full Safety and Track briefing before being permitted onto the circuit.
- Castle Combe Circuit or nominated third parties may record or make audio, visual or sound recordings at the Circuit for commercial purposes. It is a condition of entry into the Circuit that visitors consent to use of these images in what format free of charge and without issue.
- The use of photographic, audio and audio-visual equipment is allowed for private non-commercial use only. Photography, audio and audio visual recording for commercial use is strictly prohibited unless agreed in advance and in writing with Castle Combe Circuit.
- Castle Combe Circuit and all its subsidiary companies reserve the right to close to the public, withdraw any session, alter times, prices and events or services without notice.
- NO DRONES: No unauthorised aerial drones of any kind are permitted over the site.
- Castle Combe Circuit does not condone the dealing in or use of drugs or illegal substances. Anyone found in possession of illegal substances will be evicted from site. Anyone found in possession of large quantities of illegal substances will be detained and dealt with by the police.
- Please dispose of any litter in the bins around the site.
- You will be driving cars around Castle Combe Circuit which means there is some personal risk involved, and you should be aware of this when booking your course or your driving session. You will be required to sign an indemnity form before being allowed on the circuit. We have full Public Liability Insurance and all participants are covered under our Personal Accident Insurance Policy.
- Where applicable and requested, crash helmets are compulsory.
Car Track Days
- Castle Combe Circuit, Castle Combe Race and Rally School and Castle Combe Action Days reserve the right to amend, cancel or postpone part or all of the day offered. The company cannot be held responsible for any delays effecting track time caused by weather or incidents.
- Everyone attending the Castle Combe Track and Action Days do so at their own risk to themselves and to their vehicles. Each driver, rider and passenger must attend a Full Safety and Track Briefing and complete an indemnity form prior to using the circuit.
- Cars and motorcycles must conform to our sound regulations at all times. Full sound regulation information can be found at
If you fail the sound check, you will not be allowed out onto the circuit. Merlin Motorsports which is based at the Circuit offers a range of bolt-on “Silencing Accessories”.
- Once a Track Day date is booked we are unable to accept cancellations or requests for refunds. However if the nominated driver is unable to attend, a replacement driver can enjoy the day, provided they arrive at the appointed time. Any change of date after confirmation is subject to a £20.00 administration fee.
- Drivers must hold a full driving licence applicable to the day. Driving licences must be available for inspection if requested.
Car Track Days / Action Days
- Drivers should ensure that their cars are suitable and safe for Circuit Driving and is to MOT Test Standards. Pure Racing Cars are not permitted.
- Ensure that tyres are to recommended pressure for high speed driving.
- Do NOT overfill petrol tanks.
- Seat belts must be worn at all times.
- Cars with slick tyres will not be permitted.
- 3-wheel cars are not permitted on the circuit.
- Insurance. It is unlikely that your car will be covered (check with your insurers).
- No hand held cameras allowed in cars when on circuit.
- Crash Helmets are compulsory and should be to BS116658 or ECE22-05 spec. Helmet straps to be securely done up. Please bring your own or hire one at the organiser’s office in the Strawford Centre.
- Adequate clothing must be worn with arms and legs fully covered and suitable shoes worn.
- All drivers and passengers must sign the Indemnity.
- New to Track drivers must complete their first session following an instructor.
- Any passenger must be over 16 years or 5’2” and seated in the front passenger seat. No rear passengers allowed. Crash Helmets are compulsory and should be to BS116658 or ECE22-05 spec. Helmet straps to be securely done up. Please bring your own or hire one at the organiser’s office in the Strawford Centre.
- If a front passenger is carried, the driver, in his own interest, should ensure that he is adequately protected by insurance. A normal private car motor insurance policy excludes ‘Racing, Rallying & Speed Testing’. Drivers should check with their insurers.
- It is a requirement that you attend the safety briefing before being allowed out on circuit. No briefing, no track session.
- Always drive within your own and your car’s limits.
- Please obey all Track rules. The circuit is NOT to be used as a race track at racing speeds.
- Only overtake on the straights and on the right hand side. For safety’s sake, the circuit will ensure full rescue and paramedic attendance.
- Whilst the circuit is fully approved for car use, drivers take part at their own risk both to themselves and their car.
- Drivers will be carefully monitored throughout the day by our experienced marshalling team. If we consider you are driving dangerously, you will be black flagged and asked to leave the circuit.
- Drive slowly in the Paddock. Take extra care with pedistrians – they rarely look where they are going.
- When leaving the track at the end of your session, you must use the Slip Road into the Pit Lane.
Thruxton - Link
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thruxton is committed to ensuring that all of its customers enjoy their experiences. To ensure there is no mis-understanding with regard to purchase or participation of any experiences please read the following information carefully. Call us on 01264 882222 if there are any issues you would like to discuss.
Thruxton is an FIA licenced motorsport venue and as such meets all the requirements laid down by the governing body of motorsport in the UK, the MSA (Motorsports Association). We operate with full third party public liability insurance cover. All the instructors are qualified and licenced by the Association of Racing Drivers Schools (ARDS), a body recognised by the MSA.
All participants must: 1. Hold a valid UK, EU, US, Australian or other recognised driving licence for a manual car. 2. Sign an indemnity before taking part in any activity 3. Attend the briefing 4. Be fluent in English. If the instructor is concerned about the customer's ability to understand and react to verbal instruction, the instructor can immediately stop the drive. 5. Due to the nature of our driving experiences and the cars we use, they are not suitable for drivers who are deaf or have a physical disability that requires special equipment to control and drive the car. We are also unable to offer driving experiences to blind people. If you are at all unsure about the suitability of someone to drive at Thruxton, please call to discuss.
Once your course is booked, Thruxton allocates your experience slot and covers the associated costs for the appropriate vehicles and instructors. We require you to arrive in plenty of time (at least twenty minutes before the start of your course). All participants must attend a pre event briefing. Failure to do so or being late may result in you not being able to participate in the experience. We reserve the right to refuse an experience to anyone who is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
All attendees must abide by the experience rules and regulations as described in the briefing. They must drive in a manner as instructed and where relevant no more than the specified rev limit. We reserve the right to stop the Experience if we feel a customer is driving in a potentially dangerous manner. They will be unable to complete their course if any car is damaged whilst they are in control and will not be able to claim a refund.
Where required helmets/safety equipment must be worn, no exception will be made.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for one year from date of purchase and must be booked by the beginning of the tenth month. The chosen activity must be
- undertaken within the one year period.
- Gift vouchers can be refunded for up to two months (eight weeks) after purchase subject to a £25 charge. After that time the vouchers are not refundable in any circumstances.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be extended. It is the recipient's responsibility to understand the valid period, operating days within that time and to plan accordingly to use it before the valid period expires. A list of operating days is included in the voucher pack and is also listed on our website. Otherwise call our office to ask for an up to date list.
- Gift vouchers can be exchanged for higher value vouchers with the difference in price being paid. If you exchange for a lower value voucher a £25 charge will be made and the balance refunded.
- Gift vouchers can be transferred to other people.
- Any refund will be made to the purchaser and not the voucher holder.
- The voucher must be returned before a refund is given.
- A deposit can be paid to reserve a place (or places) on a specific course on a specific date. The balance of the course fee will be paid on arrival at Thruxton on the course date.
- A confirmation only (not a voucher) will be sent on receipt of your deposit payment.
- Deposit bookings can be refunded up to two months (eight weeks) after the booking has been made subject to a £25 charge being made. After that time deposit bookings are not refundable in any circumstances.
- Deposit bookings will not be refunded within the above two month (eight week) period if it is within two weeks of the course date as time vehicles and staff have been allocated to you.
- Any refund will be made to the purchaser only.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKED DATE
Thruxton Motorsport Centre operates a cancellation policy and offers its customers a purchased cancellation policy that gives extra flexibility once a date has been booked.
WITHOUT CANCELLATION COVER
Once a date has been booked (either a voucher that has been booked in or a deposit paid against a specific date) it can be moved only once and only if the change of date is made more than two weeks before the original booked date. A charge of £35 will be made at the time the booking is changed. You will not be able to change your booking if you are within two weeks (14 days) of the original booking. You can send someone else in your place though.
WITH CANCELLATION COVER (PRICE CONFIRMED ON PRICE LIST OR WEBSITE)
Once a date has been booked (either a voucher that has been booked in or a deposit paid against a specific date) it can be moved only once (for no cost) up to one week before the booked event. You will not be able to change the booking if you are within one week (seven days) of the original booking. You can send someone else in your place though.
You will forfeit the entire course fee if you fail to attend on the day and time of your booking.
All experiences are run on specific dates during the year. (see date list)
Circuit driving experiences operate primarily during the week with very limited Saturday availability between mid February and late November. We do not operate the track experiences in December or January. 4x4 experiences operate at weekends unless you have a group booking (3+) when week days can be considered. Due to popular demand we advise booking three - six weeks in advance to guarantee your first choice of date. Drivers - please note that there may be some waiting between the cars you drive. This may be the same for participants of the 3 car passenger ride. Family and friends are most welcome to attend and watch. There are good spectator facilities on track and at the Go Karts. There are limited opportunities to watch the 4x4. There is no charge for spectators. There is a restaurant on site should you require any refreshments at Thruxton. Third party insurance is included in the cost of the course. Animals are prohibited on or around the circuit and airfield. Young children are allowed in and around all the relevant buildings but must be supervised at all times. Please note that whilst family and friends are welcome to attend the briefing, it is not suitable for babies and small children, who can distract other participants. You are welcome to film from all the normal public enclosures. Thruxton Motorsport Centre is constantly trying to improve and upgrade their experiences. As such your experiences and the vehicles used may differ from that described in the brochure.
We try to run the majority of events at times of the year when they will not be adversely affected by the weather. In the event of snow, ice, fog or heavy rain the event may be cancelled or be restricted. Thruxton Motorsport Centre ONLY will make the decision to run the event, stop for a period of time or cancel completely. Generally, weather forecasts are sufficiently unreliable to make any definitive decision the day prior to an event and as such a bad or unpromising forecast the day before your event is not an acceptable reason for you to want to cancel your event. Non-attendance on a day that operates in spite of bad weather forecasts will see you lose your experience completely. If your driving is cut short because of bad weather, you will be able to return on another day to complete the balance of your experience. Refunds will not be given.
You'll be spending a lot of time outside so wear appropriate clothing but when driving you must wear long trousers, long sleeved top and thin soled narrow shoes. The pedals in racing cars are very close together. Helmets, wet weather suits and a limited number of racing boots are available to use on the event but if you have your own you are welcome to wear them.
Helmets, dry or wet weather suits, gloves and balaclavas will be issued at registration. If the weather is wet you are advised to bring a change of clothes.
- Minimum height: 5'
- Maximum height: 6' 4". The Formula Renaults can accommodate people up to approx 6'. If you are unable to fit into the Formula Renault and are under approx 6' 4" you will drive a Sports 2000 racing car.
- Minimum age: 17 but must hold a full driving licence.
The above sizes are a guide only. Some participants who fall within the guidelines may have very long or short legs for instance and find it impossible to drive. If you are close to the above limits we may only be able to determine your suitability to drive when you are actually here on the day and can try the actual vehicle.
Available for ages eight and upwards. For further details visit www.thruxtonkarting.co.uk or ring 01264 882231.
Our aim is to give customers an enjoyable and memorable driving experience. However, if there is anything about your driving experience that you are unhappy with, we would like you to discuss it with the senior manager in attendance on the day [please ask at registration to see this person]. We will be available to discuss your complaint and if possible remedy the issue on the day of your visit. It is very difficult to discuss with as much accuracy and to offer acceptable solutions after the event, when you are no longer at the venue. As such, any complaints or issues regarding your driving experience, will be dealt with fairly ONLY on the day of your visit. We regret that we cannot enter into correspondence or discussions regarding complaints after you have left the venue.
Our Terms of Sale
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF BOOKING ONLINE
- Tickets purchased online will be sent via first class post and are subject to a £1 postage and package charge (per transaction, not per item purchased). Castle Combe Circuit cannot take any responsibility for loss, damage or delay in postage which is outside of its control.
- Advanced booking will be closed within a set period before each event/experience. Please see specific event/experience page for detail.
- The Castle Combe Circuit online booking service cannot accept third party promotions unless agreed in advance with the Circuit. Castle Combe Circuit may offer online discounts at certain times of year. This discount is at the discretion of Castle Combe Circuit and should not be abused.
- Unless otherwise stated, special offers and discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Tickets purchased for specific events or services can be used solely against those events or services. Castle Combe Circuit is unable to offer refunds or exchanges against any purchase.
- Lost, stolen or missing tickets or Gift Vouchers will not be replaced. Please keep them safe.
- For Race Meetings and Action Days, children are classified as 0-16yrs, adults at 17-64yrs and seniors at 65yrs+. Other events may vary - please see specific events for full details.
- Credit card transactions are made on a separate secure server with full encryption of all credit card data. Your credit card details and personal information will not be shared with any other company or organisation unless directly involved in the transaction process.
Motorsports Can Be Dangerous
Last Updated 24/07/2017